As part of the celebration of St. John’s Lutheran Church’s 150th anniversary, the church conducted oral history interviews of long-time members. The interviews reveal the many ways that St. John’s has provided a supportive, enduring Christian community in the lives of generations of congregation members.
We will be adding newly edited interviews regularly, so you may want to visit this page occasionally for recent postings. The interviews took place between October 2018 and December 2019, ending with the pandemic.
Interviews are around 20 minutes long. Topics covered include:
- Family history and what family members are doing now.
- When members joined St. John’s and what attracted them to the church.
- The role that St. John’s had in family life.
- St. John’s mentors and friends who were influences.
- Reflections on service or leadership roles in the church.
- Favorite aspect of worship and music at St. John’s.
- Highlights of experience as a church member.
- How the church has changed over the time of membership.